Wednesday, July 23, 2014

thrifted threads: my inner hippie

it's what i wore wednesday again, and i'm linking up with lindsey at the pleated poppy.

this week, i stumbled across some "inner hippie" quotes while browsing through pinterest.  
i thought it would be fun to wear my hippie-est of clothing and 
share some of my favourites  of hippie words of wisdom !!!

like always, all clothes worn on this post are either thrifted or were handed down to me.

 "when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." 
 jimi hendrix

 "you may say i'm a dreamer but i'm not the only one."  
john lennon

"emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds. "
 bob marley

 'go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  live the life you've always imagined" 
 henry david thoreau

 "i guarantee you this place will blow your mind" 
 norman whitfield

"make love not war"
anonymous

 "go now.  run wild, barefoot and free"
anonymous

 "i'd rather wear flowers in my hair, than diamonds around my neck."  
anonymous

 "in a gentle way you can shake the world"  
gandhi

"when you find peace within yourself, 
you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others" 
ann frank

 "life is a balance of holding and letting go"  
rumi

"if you smile at me i will understand because 
that is something everyone, everywhere does in the same language"   
jefferson airplane


erica
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I need to go thrifting with you, you always have such great clothing finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you are ever in victoria...for sure... we have some great spots for scoring !!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!