Tuesday, July 15, 2014

i heart bubble gum

i love bubble gum.
i love chewing gum.
i love gum.

there are people in this world who get very annoyed with gum chewers... 
believe me, i have met some of them
(or they have introduced themselves to me....)

but despite their friendly or not so friendly attempts to dissuade me from further chewing...
i nibble on, but masticate i don't !!!

i chew gum for several reasons:
foremost, chewing gum helps relieve my car sickness and nausea.  
the minute i get into the passenger seat, my inner ear balance goes wonky... 
and the only thing that helps is a piece of gum. 
 without gum, you might as well pull out a stretcher for me once we reach our destination because my motion sickness is so debilitating.
i've tried acupressure wrist band, ginger, focusing on a fixed point, 
but nothing works better than a little pink piece of gum.

did you know that a tiny piece of gum helps relieve stress and it even helps one concentrate.
i don't know how much gum got me through my exams, papers, and thesis writing.
it's a terrible terrible vice... and yet, i don't smoke, drink, or do drugs.

finally, i chew gum because it is so much fun!!!
fyi:  i have recently reached the triple whammy level of gum chewing.
it took a lot of practise and hard work, but i did it.
to blow a triple whammy, you have to blow a bubble within a bubble within a bubble.


but of course, despite the colourful, and powerful 25cent appeal of the gum machine
my gum of choice is sugarless...
(mostly, to avoid the wrath of my dentist)


erica
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!