Sunday, July 6, 2014

recylart....



i was cycling home from the gym the other day
and i came upon this junk/freebie pile on the side of the road. 

there it sat.. a 3ft by 4ft colourful canvas, 
along side a toaster, some dishes, books, a t.v.,
 all abandoned and waiting for new owners.
  
actually, just picture the piece without the green dots.
( i was too quick with the paint brush than with the camera)
it had a gigantic FREE painted on it.. 
so guess who walked the rest of the way home....

i loved all the colours in the background 
but i wasn't too fond of the graffiti lettering in the front.

it sat in my studio/ corner for a couple of days... then i just went for it... 
without a plan or any idea of how it was gonna turn out.

and this is the end product... (for now...)
i am thrilled with how it turned out ...
(can you tell i'm not afraid of using colour?)  

i also love the idea of reducing, reusing and recycling to achieve it.
recycling old junk not only benefits the environment, it breathes new life into 
old objects that were once destined for the landfill.  

in this case, 
one person's (my neighbour) trash is another person's (me, me, me) treasure !!!


meanwhile... 
my daughter took her old crayons, another recycled canvas 
and her blow dryer to create this.

we had so much fun with these art pieces... 
now, just to find some wall space to hang them up !!!


erica
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. thanks Kim...it is so great to find my way to my brushes and paints again

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!