Wednesday, March 4, 2015

thrifted threads: purple tunic

welcome to 'what i wore wednesday'
i'm linking up with lindsey at the pleated poppy for some fashion fun.

today i'm camouflaging a thrifted purple tunic 
amongst some gorgeous purple daisy-like flowers
that has popped up all over our neighbourhood.

i haven't been able to identify the species: 
these beauties do not have long daisy stems, 
but are lower to the ground like geraniums.
this thrifted purple tunic cost me a whole toonie and 
was purchased during my last trip to salt spring.
there were no tags on it, but the fabric feels like cotton to me - so soft and easy to wash.
also, these pictures don't show it very well... 
but it has gorgeous gold embroidery all down the front.

purple... purple... purple !!!
still one of my favourite colours in nature and in my closet.


happy humpday everyone
erica
xoxo








4 comments:

  1. I had a feeling purple was your favorite! Looks fantastic on you and what a find for that amount of money, you lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Karen... i think i am lucky...no matter how little i have in my wallet - i seem to come out of thrift stores with something fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky duck! Love the tunic- you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Camilla... sometimes I'm too lucky and find things I don't need !!! I'm just glad all the proceeds go to a good charity.

      Delete

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!