Wednesday, February 4, 2015

thrifted threads: back to woollies

the rain has come back and so has the damp weather...
brrrr... and right through to my bones !
so i pull on my woollies, because fleece 
just won't do the trick for this west coast momma.

welcome to 'what i wore' wednesday.
i'm linking up with lindsey for some fashion fun.
won't you join us???


yup...it's another thrift shop sweater !
fyi...most of my clothes (99.999%) have been thrifted
or handed down to me from my three younger, stylish and so lovely sisters.
this is a conscious choice of mine and my way of doing my bit 
with the whole reduce, reuse and recycle movement
(besides - it is also so much fun !)


for a mere toonie, (since it was 'any sweaters for a toonie' day),
i rescued this beautiful handmade wool pull over 
from the thrift shop bin a few seasons ago.
i figured if it didn't look good on me, i could always unravel it for the yarn.


i took it home and ended up loving it.
it's perfect to wear over a long sleeve t-shirt and a pair of comfy jeans.
i think it might have some angora in it because of all the long fibres...
but surprisingly, it isn't a bit itchy.


for extra warmth and a touch of colour 
i added a matching scarf 
(a christmas gift from long ago from ian and my kidlums)

yes...it may be raining and a bit chilly and oh so damp.
but like other well seasoned west coasters...
i've got my woollies to keep me warm and cozy !!!

wishing you all a beautiful wednesday...

erica
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Stay warm! We are actually warming up to -2 today...it is going to feel amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cozy and warm! looks so nice paired with a scarf and I bet you will not be cold at all :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!