Monday, February 23, 2015

i love salt spring




we made it to saltspring again this weekend
yup... you guessed it... another soccer tournament !!!

while the soccer people did their soccer thing, 
my son and i went off to check out the island 
(i am seriously the worst soccer mom !!!)

the weather was perfect,
the sun shone so all day that the colours of saltspring were more vibrant than ever.


it was a beautiful day - perfect for meandering and taking in all the islandy goodies and treasures.
after checking out my favourite island bookstore and thrift shop,
i met up with a friend from victoria
and enjoyed an extra large hot cup of coffee at barb's.

too soon, the soccer game was over (they got trounced 5 to 1...boo hoo !!!)
and it was time to head back.

it is always a bit of a downer having to leave the island so soon.
thank goodness... for the beautiful ferry ride to lift our spirits all the way home.

erica
xoxo

wishing you all a beautiful start to your week !!!
joining karen

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful island! It looks right up my alley. I wonder why islands lend themselves to happy bright colors so well? Key West is nothing if not colorful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful island! It looks right up my alley. I wonder why islands lend themselves to happy bright colors so well? Key West is nothing if not colorful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day I will visit Salt Spring Island, one day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a fun place to be, blue skies and excellent eating places. That is what I'm looking forward to as the weather changes to mild! Going outside and doing things.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!