Thursday, February 19, 2015

a corner of one's own


look what i found under a free sign...
another curbside treasure.

i was riding my bike home when i noticed it.
i practically abandoned my bike in my rush to get my super strong (i can lift anything!) son to help me carry the treasure home.
it is really heavy because of all its beautiful iron work... check out the pedals. 
my lola (grandma) use to have one just like it (i have memories of working the pedals for her while she sewed our little dresses...)

until i get it working again, i will use it as a desk
i've been wanting a little desk in this corner... 
a place for me to write, to think, to pile more of my books on (NOT !)
i just have to find another chair to go with it... for now i've borrowed one from our dining room

i may not have a room of my own, but virginia... i have a lovely little corner !!!


erica
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful find! It is always nice to have a little space just for you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing find! We had one when I was young (but I think only the cabinet/table, the machine had been removed) that we used as a TV stand. I wish they hadn't gotten rid of it when we moved.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!