Sunday, January 11, 2015

long shadows


it was another bring your dog to work day.
harlow was so excited.... 
he didn't bother finishing his breakfast.
he jumped onto the back seat of ian's truck... so fast and furious...
his tail waggling his bye byes.

i was on my own,
me, myself and i,  
with a few errands to run.

i didn't get very far
when i noticed my companion.
she was long and leggy,
over 10 feet tall,
sporting a baseball cap,
and an enormous bag slung on her shoulder.
it was sooo cool...
because she walked by my side for the most of the journey
not in front of me, or hehind me... but right along side of me.
i darted in and out of shops.
picking up small groceries, some stamps, and my holds from the library.
when my bags were loaded and heavy... 
i noticed hers were too.

together...
we headed for home.

erica
xoxo

5 comments:

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!