Thursday, October 2, 2014

giant pine


there stands a giant pine in our neighbourhood
and it produces gargantuan cones.


this picture shows the cone in scale to my foot (size 8 and 1/2) 
and this specimen wasn't even the biggest that i've found.


the towering tree is so huge... i couldn't get it to completely fit into my picture.
the tree dwarfs all the houses on the street.



even the needles are enormous, 
some are even longer than the cones themselves.


i pass by this pine every morning 
while taking the dog for a walk around the neighbourhood

it's a landmark that tells harlow and me 
that we have only a block to go and we are home.
(this is when harlow gets excited because he knows 
breakfast is next on the agenda)


everyday, i look up and stand impressed by its colosalness,
and then i look down to see if it's dropped another one of its monstrous cones.


and it has... 
giving me my daily dose of wonder and amazement of nature. 


erica
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!