Wednesday, September 2, 2015

thrifted threads: mussel-ly indigo

welcome to another
'what i wore wednesday'
today, i link up with lindsey and the ladies for some fashion fun.

after a very long dry summer, the rain have finally come to our corner of the island.
it has been so warm and dry since spring that 
even my dessert-loving friends were doing their version of the rain dance.
for the cooler weather, i'm back in my thrifted fall favourites.
you've seen this one before...
it's a heavy cotton tunic that someone beautifully dyed in indigo.
i found it (and another one just like it, only in purple)
 while visiting my sisters in calgary, alberta 
about three summers ago.
you probably already know i love these indigo/blue/purple hues.
i gravitate towards them everywhere i go...
while on holidays last week, i spent hours admiring and photographing 
the opened mussels on the beach. 
they were everywhere... aren't they stunning?
remember jenny joseph's poem "when i am an old woman i shall wear purple"?
although i really like the poem...i could never relate to that line.
i've been wearing purple all my life!!!

erica
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I think you look good in purple and I do remember seeing this before...i think!! I tend to wear a lot of gray and still want more and yet it was one of my least favorite colors when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!