Saturday, July 4, 2015

coiffed on two wheels

coming from victoria, a cycling city extraordinaire,
and having our home situated on a cycling route....
i've seen many cyclists in my lifetime.

but paris breeds a totally different type....
immaculately coiffed, two inched heeled on two wheels
unlike the victoria, bc cyclist,
with their protective gear, cycling jackets and shoes....
parisienne women do not seem to bother with helmets.
hundreds of them pedal the streets wearing
the most beautiful boutique dresses and expensive shoes,
looking like they are off to work in some art gallery or museum.

oh,oh,oh... and their bike baskets are usually filled with fresh baguettes and flowers.
just like in the movies....

I LOVE IT !
erica
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I kind of wish I felt safe riding without a helmet; I'm sure it feels good. But I really don't want to sustain a traumatic head injury.
    While Copenhagen is much more casual clothing-wise, riders there also eschewed helmets.
    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we have to wear helmets because we drive faster around here?? Anyways I'd love to look that beautiful while riding a bike but I'd look like a sweat bomb (interpret that as unflattering). Lovely photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be so funny to see. I can't imagine riding my bike all dressed up like that. Hope you are enjoying your vacation. xo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!