Friday, October 9, 2015

perpetually thankful

i am grateful for what i am and have.
my thanksgiving is perpetual.

it is surprising how contented one can be 
with nothing definite,
only a sense of existence.
well, anything for variety.
i am ready to try this for the next ten thousand years,
and exhaust it.

my breath is sweet to me.
o how i laugh when i think of my vague indefinite riches.
no run on my bank can drain it,
for my wealth is not possession
but enjoyment.

                                    - henry david thoreau


this is my all time favourite thoreau...
i am so blessed in this life that perpetual gratefulness is only befitting.

the big bird long weekend is upon us...
are you (my canadian family and friends) ready for it?

Happy Thanksgiving !!!
erica
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Love the quote and all the beautiful photos!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Erica and family!!!! Enjoy!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy thanksgiving to you and your sweet family!!! I'm thankful that we found each other through blogland.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!