Saturday, April 16, 2016

only five

look what i found in my garden this morning...
a beautiful, single bloom on my peony tree !!!
i spotted it, first from my kitchen window,
glowing in the morning light, 
its beauty beckoning me to come take a closer look.

so i grabbed my camera...and of course it was perfectly photogenic from every angle.
i planted this peony tree because i fell in love with one similar to it down the road.
thank goodness patience is a strong trait of mine...
because it only took five years to finally bloom !!!

here it is again...opening up even further to soak in the afternoon sun.

erica
xoxo

(hoping the deer stays away just a little longer)

1 comment:

  1. Peonies are beautiful aren't they. I inherited a peony when I moved into my house except mine is a herbaceous plant and dies back completely in the winter and grows back in the summer. We get several flowers each year which are so heavy we have to stake the flower heads! Hope the deer stays away!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!